The Gāyatrī Mantra is a highly revered mantra from the Rig Veda (Mandala 3.62.10). Gāyatrī is the name of the Chandas in which the verse is composed.Chandas is actually a rhythmic composition of words to descend the divine cosmos through their sound when pronounced properly.The fundamental purpose of Gayatri Mantra in this physical field is to inspire righteous wisdom that keeps a man free of problems facilitating him to live happily and focus on his spiritual goals. The rishis and sages of the Vedic Age had experienced and experimented on the enormous extrasensory energy centres like the chakras,upachakras,etc, that constitute our subtle body and proved that the activation of these energy centres is essential to understand and learn the science of Vedas to attain salvation.To achieve this easily, Gayatri Mantra is the only way. The cyclic enunciation of this mantra stimulates the subliminal power centers in the subtle body. Regular practice of this mantra will certainly activate these power centres to the fullest potential to receive the divine energy Savita.
- Myth1: Gayatri is a Mantra intended to evoke supernatural powers
- Fact1: More than a Spiritual mantra, Gayatri is a life style. Discipline, Self Control and Self Realisation are the powers we gain with this mantra. These in turn will help us to master over this Nature to work for the Divine plan of Evolutionary Progress.
- Myth2: Gayatri is limited to the Brahmin Community
- Fact2: Brahmin refers to the aspirant of the highest knowledge of Vedas. So anyone who aspires for the supreme knowledge for the Universal well being can take the vow of Gayatri.
- Myth3: Gayatri cannot be chanted by Women
- Fact3: Epics cite the examples of Sita, Savitri, Kausalya, Gaandhari and many more Women who practiced the Gayatri. In modern times, Mata Sarada, Mother Mirra, Mata Bhagavati Devi Sharma are few women who are well known to everyone for their immense knowledge in spiritual world and all these ladies are known for their mastery over this Supreme Mantra.
- Myth4: To be chanted individually in ones prayer hall
- Fact4: When chanted with a group, the cosmic energy gets amplified by the number of people in the group. Can be observed as a prayer at schools, at hospitals, at any place of good work.
- Myth5: To be chanted silently in the mind
- Fact5: Can be chanted aloud or in the mind depending upon the spiritual progress of the aspirant. Beginners should always chant it aloud. The pressure on tongue, lips, vocal cord, palate and the connecting regions in the brain generated by continuous enunciation of the twenty four letters-the Gayatri Mantra creates a vibration in the power centres of the subtle body.
- Myth6: To be chanted only by those who were initiated into it
- Fact6: Gayatri Mantra is Universalised by Pandit Shri Ram Sharma Acharya. Irrespective of their age, gender, caste, religion, nationality anyone can start chanting this Gayatri.
Benefits- Pre conditions:
- Benefit 1: Provides Noble Company
- Pre Condition 1: Chant Gayatri with Noble thoughts
- Benefit 2: Prosperity and Happiness
- Pre Condition 2: Chant Gayatri with Faith and Dedication
- Benefit 3: Improved Thought Power
- Pre Condition 3: Dietary restrictions to be followed, Satvik Diet recommended
- Benefit 4: Imparts Righteous Wisdom
- Pre Condition 4: Belief in the Divine Energy. Should allow the inner voice to guide you
- Benefit 5: Evokes the subtle power centres of the body
- Pre Condition 5: To be practiced regularly without fail. Like you don’t miss a single meal, you shouldn’t miss the Gayatri, the food for the soul!!
- Benefit 6: Immortality can be attained
- Pre Condition 6: Should be selfless; Should dedicate oneself completely to the Supreme Consciousness and Understand that Immortality is the character of the soul.